Sunday, March 16, 2008

Jakarta, My Love

Jakarta is my hometown. I was born there, and live there since then. If I have to describe Jakarta in one word, I would choose “lovely”. Many things about Jakarta just keep making me fall in love again and again with it. Everything about Jakarta excites me, whether it is good or bad.

A lot of people live in Jakarta, in fact it is the most crowded city in Indonesia. People who live in Jakarta vary. You can meet people from any race, religion, country, and so on. Jakartans live in diversity. The streets are stuffed with people who are selling things, beggars, workers who rush their way to their offices, students, or maybe just some people who are passing by. The crowd in Jakarta does not consist of only one kind of people, so this is one of the things why Jakarta is so attractive to me.

Indonesia is famous for its spicy delicious foods, but in Jakarta, you can have any kind of foods you want. You can have any kind of Indonesian foods, foods from Sabang to Merauke, all you can get it in Jakarta. Jakarta does not only serve Indonesian foods, but also International foods. Mexican, American, Japanese, Chinese, we have it all in Jakarta. Beside that, Indonesian people are so good with mixing things up, it makes any kind of food tastes better here!

There are still a lot of beautiful things I can tell about Jakarta, like the view, the citylights, the weather and so on. But the main thing is, Jakarta is my hometown because I have the spirit in my blood. I have spent most of my life there, had my best and worst time there, and learnt a lot of things while in it. Jakarta is The Place, and I got most of my memories there, that is why my heart belongs to Jakarta. I love Jakarta, and nothing is going to change that.

No comments: